„Hailing out of Brooklyn NYC, our next guest is a force behind the decks. By cherry-picking only the more excentric pieces from 90s Techno, Acid, and Rave, she keeps the energy high on the Dancefloor and your mind right in the zone. Her adventurous approach to mixing paired with an impeccable taste makes her a perfect addition to this season’s line up of nonconformist techno rebels.“ – Albert
Here are the Details:
Raw Materials Line Up: Akua (Discwoman, NYC), Albert (Raw Materials) Date: Fr. 31.01.2020 Starts: 23:00 Ends: 05:00 Duration: 5hrs Location: Disco Zwei, T6,14, 68161 Mannheim
But no need to let us tell you how awesome Akua is. You can just convince yourself. Take for example this recording of her Boiler Room Set in Utrecht. Its pure musical fire:
If video isn’t your cup of tea, maybe you oughta check out Akua’s latest mixtape for Truants. She also gave them an Interview which you can read here.
Rules & Regulations
1. Respect everyone! Everybody is welcome, regardless of their looks, gender, sexual orientation or ethnicity. Everything is possible, as long as consent is given and the local law is being followed. If you are unsure about anything, make sure to ask. Overstepping the basic rules of engagement can and will get you kicked out.
2. We do not tolerate any form of sexism, racism, misogyny, trans*-, inter*- or homophobia! If any of this triggers you: Don’t come! Violating this rule will get you kicked out.
3. Help out when help is needed, but be mindful of personal space and boundaries. Common sense applies!
4. Please respect everybody’s privacy and keep your phone out of your hands as much as possible. Taking Photos or recording Videos is prohibited.
5. You might not always like what you see or hear at our parties, it might even offend you. But instead of getting irritated maybe it helps you to remember this: moments don’t last forever and change is bound to happen eventually! So, as long as it is not violating any of the aforementioned rules, let things happen and don‘t tell the DJ how much you hate the selection.